French Grammar from RapideFrench.com
Adjectives: Demonstrative Adjectives
Demonstrative adjectives are used to specific a particular object, for example if you point out 'this house', 'that house', or 'those houses'.
- Masculine singular: this horse is ce cheval. Note that 'ce' is difficult to say before a vowel or an 'h', so in these cases French use 'cet' instead e.g. this tree is cet arbre
- Feminine singular: this house is cette maison
- Plural: those people is ces gens
Sometimes, for extra emphasis, -ci or -là may be added. E.g.
- ce cheval-ci (this horse here)
- ce cheval-cà (that horse there)